Vegan Vegetable Fricassee with Cauliflower Mash! By @rabbitandwolves
1/2anOnion, chopped(I used a vidalia)
4 ClovesGarlic, chopped
1Stalk Celery, diced
3 Large Carrots, chopped
20 Ounces Mushrooms, chopped(I used half crimini and half shiitake)
1teaspoon Poultry seasoning (usually contains Thyme, Sage, Rosemary and Nutmeg)
1/4 Cup Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
1/4 Cup All purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 Cup White wine,vegan (I used Pinot Grigio)*
2 Cups Vegetable broth
1Cup Coconut cream or full fat coconut milk, canned
salt and pepper to taste
1Large head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
1/3 Cup Almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
2 Tablespoons Vegan butter
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
1. Heat the olive in a large skillet on medium high.
2. Add the onion, garlic and celery. Saute, reducing heat as needed for about 3-5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
3.Then add the carrots and mushrooms. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Then season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to saute until the mushrooms have browned. About 5 more minutes.
4. Sprinkle in the poultry seasoning, toss to coat everything.
5. Then add the vegan butter and melt over the veggies. Now, sprinkle the flour over the veggies and toss to coat all the veggies in the flour.
6. Next, pour the white wine into the skillet and stir into the veggies. Let simmer on medium low for 2-3 minutes.
7. Then pour in the vegetable broth and coconut cream. Stir to combine everything and make sure there are no lumps of flour left. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
8. Reduce to low and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. The sauce will thicken up, but should still be somewhere between gravy and stew. Stir every few minutes.
9. While that is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets.
10. Boil the cauliflower for 8-10 minutes or until very tender. Drain and add the a blender.
11.Then add the non-dairy milk, vegan butter, salt and pepper to the blender.