Sewing away here like crazy for @ooak_toronto which starts in just over a weeeeek! And today I’m going to share with you 10 things
#ooakdiaries ! 😊
1. I started my Ponchies business 5 years ago, but actually started my entrepreneurial journey 9 years ago with my custom clothing brand. I primarily designed and created one of a kind dresses which included wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses and formal gowns! 👗
2. My Ponchies business actually started by fluke when I wanted to make something super cute, multifunctional and long lasting for baby shower gifts. People in my life were starting to have kids and when I gifted my Ponchos at these baby showers, everyone loved them so I thought I’d give it a try! 👶🍼 3. Everyone always assumes that I am a mompreneur (baby pictured is my cousin’s), but I am not actually married yet nor do I have kids yet either! I can’t wait to have both and I know my time will come. ❤️ 4. I am a TWIN! 👯♀️Not identical, we are fraternal sisters and she is my absolute rock and best friend! I am also lucky to have a step sister and 2 step brothers too!
5. My family is 💯 number 1 to me. I am 3 hours away from most of them and I take every chance I get to see them.
6. My hometown’s population is 4500 people and I moved from there to Toronto 17 years ago! And I got lost multiple times in the city when I first moved here haha. 🤪
7. I LOVE playing sports and have played on teams since I was a little kid! Basketball, volleyball and beach volleyball have been my favourite. 🏀 🏐 🏖
8. I have had 2 knee surgeries and one foot surgery all because of sports injuries lol. I am currently not playing sports right now to avoid more injuries!
9. I love summer, the beach, live music, campfires, hiking and being outdoors.
10. I have literally cut and sewn 1000’s of Ponchies and I have designed 100’s of them too. And I can officially say that I have worked my very first year of full time self employment!! The years leading up to this I worked as a server at multiple pubs, did a ton of promotional gigs as a brand ambassador and worked any side gig I needed to so I could pay my bills and build my business!
Xo ~ Tiffany 👑